Monday, January 01, 2007

"...the old has gone, the new has come!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

Frankly, 2006 holds few memories for me. But the few worth remembering, they probably defined happiness.

Confucius said that "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change." If there is no change in me in the year to come, I definitely wouldn't be considered the wise man. After I finally leave my thoroughly-unproductive NSF life behind, can I truly turn the page and open a whole new chapter in my life. But some things will never change. Last night, I spent New Year's Eve with 3 jc classmates in holland v. I just know that gatherings like these will be for sure what I will miss most when I'm down in Australia. I'm dreading it already. Sure, we all make new friends in university. But there comes a point in time when you just can't be bothered about making new friends and all that hooha. (It's tiring to keep introducing yourself and getting to know other peoples all over again.) I can safely say that we know one another pretty well, habits, peculiarities, nuances. some things cannot be forgotten, even if you wanted to, what more if you don't wish to forget.

I've never made any new year's resolution before. Never seen any real purpose. I'm not about to start. I think it sets a limit on what you will achieve. Why cap potential?

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
I'd rather achieve greatness. Nothing can take away or lessen the satisfaction that comes from achievement through hard work.